Planning is underway for Aurora’s Fourth of July fireworks celebration and it’s sure to be one of the biggest “blasts” in the region. I hope you are able to join us. The event will be held on Monday, July 4, 2022, from 5:00 to 9:30 p.m. near downtown Aurora, showcasing two entertainment locations and viewing along the banks of the Fox River. downtown Aurora, showcasing two entertainment locations and viewing along the banks of the Fox River. The sites are RiverEdge Park on Broadway and McCullough Park at the Fox Valley Park District’s Prisco Center on Illinois Avenue and Lake Street. Each of these locations will feature unique activities and entertainment. We anticipate this year’s 4th of July fireworks celebration to be as large as past year’s event, which was watched by an estimated 40,000 people throughout the downtown area.
As always, vendors will be provided a reserved space(s), access to water and nearby receptacles for trash. You are required to provide your own tables, chairs, vending equipment, professional signage and tents and if needed a generator.
Please complete and submit the enclosed agreement, along with the required fee, to reserve your space. Any vendor who fails to pay their vendor fee prior to the event will not be allowed to participate.
All vendors participating at events within the City of Aurora must have the following completed:
The City of Aurora is coordinating all activities at the McCullough Park event site.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected] or call (630) 256-3370.
Community Events Manager
Community Events Coordinator
Set up will begin after 2:00 p.m. on Monday, July 4th, 2022.
All vendors will be open for business from 5:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. You may open and start selling prior to 5:00 p.m., if desired.
McCullough Park: Prisco Center - 150 West Illinois Avenue, Aurora, IL. 60506
Electric WILL NOT be provided and "quiet style" generators are required.
(Staff MUST wear Official Event ID at all times while conducting sales.)
1. Agreement: This contract contains all of the agreements of the parties relative to the Fireworks Celebration vendor space rental and no representations, promises or statements expressed or implied have been made to the vendor unless contained herein. The vendor shall operate within the assigned space and only during specific hours and shall open and close promptly. All business conducted from assigned space(s) shall comply with all applicable state and local laws. All vendors must be up to date with all City of Aurora food and beverage taxes.
2. Description of event: The annual 4th of July Fireworks Celebration on Monday, July 4, 2022, from 5:00pm to 9:30pm. This event will be held in downtown Aurora, Illinois, rain or shine.
3. Non-liability: Vendors are responsible for the safety, security and storage of their merchandise and equipment and must procure any necessary insurance or licenses required for such. The City of Aurora is not liable for any lost, stolen or damaged goods for any reason.
4. Insurance: Vendors are required to provide the City of Aurora with a Certificate of Insurance encompassing the event dates for general liability coverage, in the amount of $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate. The City of Aurora and the Fox Valley Park District shall be listed as primary non-contributory “additional insured.” The CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE must be provided along with this agreement.
5. Vendor Provisions: All trailers, trucks, equipment and products must be within the dimensions of your reserved space and not permitted elsewhere unless otherwise pre-approved. Vendor agrees to provide a non-stake tent, adequately weighted, covered and skirted front serving table, covered back tables, outdoor approved power cables, professionally produced signage listing company name and all items for sale with pricing (NO hand written signs), adequate means and manpower to set-up, staff and tear-down in a timely manner, to keep the area tidy at all times and to remove or dispose of all debris at tear-down. If applicable, vendor must remove and correctly dispose of cooking grease/oil at their place of business in the proper containers. It is not to be disposed of in the event dumpster. Charcoal and wood filled grills are allowed, although vendor will be held responsible for removal of ashes. A fire extinguisher must be at every vendor station. No solid waste of any kind is to be disposed of on site, in the Fox River or into grates in the pavement. Water may be disposed of in the street. Vending area must be neat, clean and self-contained at all times. Vendors must remove all equipment, product, vehicles and personal property from event grounds by 11:59 PM on event end date. Festive decorations are encouraged to enhance the celebratory nature of the events, as well as special menu items. Food Trucks cooking with any sort of “open flame” and/or producing any “grease laden vapors” are required to comply with NFPA 96 (Commercial Cooking Operations) and be equipped with proper code compliant exhaust/ventilation systems and required fire extinguishing equipment. A proper fire extinguishing system is a commercial hood system that meets the UL 300 requirement. This requirement is the same that any commercial kitchen in a restaurant must meet as well. Food Trucks must also submit a Fire Prevention Vendor Application to Aurora Fire Prevention at 5 East Downer Place, Suite G – Aurora, IL 60505.
6. Vending Containers: NO STRYOFOAM IS PERMITTED! The City of Aurora is working to become more environmentally conscious with sustainable initiatives. It is requested that vendors seek to dispense food and beverages in recyclable, compostable, biodegradable or “green” containers whenever possible. A mixed recyclable dumpster will be available to reduce the amounts that go to the landfill. PLEASE HELP US BE GREEN!
7. Signage: Professional quality signs noting your company name and listing all menu items with prices are to be provided by the vendor and are to be posted in a highly visible location.
8. Hours of Operation: All booths must be staffed and fully operational during the following hours: Monday, July 4, 2022 - 5:00pm to 9:30pm. All deliveries during event hours shall be done in an orderly manner so as to not disrupt routine activities or be hazardous to event patrons. Delivery vehicles may not enter event grounds during event.
9. Set-up & Tear-down: The vendor shall abide by the set-up time at their assigned location. Set-up may begin on the event date at 2:00pm and must be adequately staffed to ensure completion and full operation by 5:00pm. Tear-down can begin at 9:30pm and must be completed by 11:59pm. All set-up and tear- down is the sole responsibility of the vendor. Vendor area is to be left in a reasonably clean manner, with all refuse taken away or disposed of in the event dumpster. NO EARLY CLOSE OR TEARDOWN IS ALLOWED!
10. Vendor Vehicles: All vehicles must be removed from event grounds 1 hour prior to event open on event day and will not be allowed on event grounds until after the event is closed and streets are cleared of patrons. Please park in the approved lot. For set-up you MUST unload and move your vehicle after which you can complete setting up your booth. For tear-down please pack and dismantle your booth prior to bringing your vehicle onto event grounds for loading in order to be considerate of other vendors and to avoid congestion.
11. Items Sold: All items sold are on the contingency of approval by COA Special Events. Any item considered to be unsafe, distasteful, or inappropriate for a family environment or not part of an existing agreement, may not be sold or shown at the event. No alcoholic beverages of any type may be sold.
12. Exclusivity: In the event a major sponsor (i.e. soft drink) is obtained, we reserve the right to require all vendors to sell the sponsor’s product line in lieu of any competitors products. All vendors will be given advance notice if this situation is applicable.
13. Health Permits: All food vendors must comply with Kane County Health Department regulations and obtain the required permits and provide the COA Special Events with a copy of all applicable permits showing participating dates. Upon request, a statement of compliance with relevant federal, state and local regulations shall be provided to the City of Aurora. A copy of Health Department Permit must be displayed in your booth.
14. Transactions: Vendor must provide whatever means necessary to handle sales and security appropriate for a retail booth in an event setting and is responsible for the collection and payment of any sales tax as specified by the City of Aurora and the Illinois Department of Revenue.
15. Violations of Articles of Agreement: Any violation of this Agreement will result in the non-issuance or revocation of the permit and or/immediate expulsion from the site and loss of all fees. Further, violations could result in the removal from all future events. A penalty of $100.00 per occurrence will be fined if these rules are not met.
16. Liability Waiver: The vendor agrees for itself and/or its employees, agents, or volunteers associated or to be associated with the activity for which the contract is being sought, to waive and relinquish all claims that may result in any manner against the City of Aurora, its agents, public officers, officials or employees and authorized volunteers from said event or activity, except for acts caused by the willful and wanton misconduct by employees of the City of Aurora acting within the scope of their employment.
17. Hold Harmless: The vendor hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Aurora, Illinois, its agents, public officials, officers, employees and authorized volunteers, from and against any and all legal actions, claims, damages, losses, and expenses arising out of the permitted activity or any activity associated with the conduct of the vendor’s operation, including but not limited to, claims for personal or bodily injury, disease or death, or injury to or destruction of property, excluding claims caused by the willful commission or omission by employees of the City of Aurora acting within the scope of their employment. Further, the vendor agrees to indemnify the City of Aurora and any of its agents, public officers, officials or employees and authorized volunteers for any attorney’s fees and court costs incurred or to be incurred in defending any actions brought against them as a result of the vendor’s use of public property or operation of the concession as set forth in this agreement.
18. Deadline: Vendor Form with full payment is due by Friday, June 10, 2022. City of Aurora Special Events maintains the right to accept or deny vendor applications.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field