Official website for the City of Aurora, Illinois. Mayor Robert J. O'Connor

How to File A Personnel Complaint

A personnel complaint against any employee of the Aurora Police Department may be taken by any supervisor. Go to the front desk area and speak to the officer and request to speak with a supervisor about a personnel complaint. The supervisor will listen to your complaint to see what, if any, laws, policies or procedures may have been violated. Upon making such a determination, the supervisor will complete a performance complaint and request that you sign the performance complaint in the presence of a notary public. If a supervisor is not available, you may take a Details of Complaint form with you, fill it out with as much detail as possible, and return it to the Aurora Police Department’s Office of Professional Standards. By Illinois law, the complaint form must be notarized. You will be contacted when the complaint is received.

You may also download and fill out a Details of Complaint form in English or Spanish, and return it to the Office of Professional Standards, 1200 East Indian Trail Road, Aurora, IL, 60505.