Pace of Play and Care
This information is distributed to educate all golfers of their responsibilities while playing City courses. Please take a few moments to review the information. If you have any questions or suggestions on any of these issues, please email them to Jeff Schmidt, PGA Golf Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them off at the pro shop at the Fox Valley Golf Club or at the Phillips Park Golf Course.
Play Ready Golf
The United States Golf Association (USGA) Rules of Golf states, “In the interest of all, players should play without delay.” Here are some ideas on how to play ready. If...
On The Tee
- Check in with the Pro Shop 15 minutes prior to your tee time.
- Be ready to hit your shot!
- Shorter hitters should hit first.
- Tee off as soon as the group ahead is safely out of the way.
- Carry an extra ball in your pocket.
Tee To Green
- Plan your shot before you are over the ball.
- Hit when ready and safe to do so.
- Use the provisional ball rule, when you think your shot may be lost or out of bounds.
- If carts must remain on the path, take several clubs to play the next shot.
- Have your partner move the cart forward.
- Limit search for lost balls to 3-5 minutes.
On The Green
- Place your clubs between the green and the next tee.
- Opt to putt out instead of marking the ball when you have a short putt.
- Leave the green immediately after holing out and proceed to the next tee.
- Complete your scorecard at the next tee.
Pace of Play
For the enjoyment of all golfers on the golf course, here are some tips to help you...
- Watch your interval between groups. Keeping pace means watching where the group in front of you is and keeping up with them. Do not watch the group behind you.
- Refrain from playing mulligans or practice shots.
- When driving a cart, drop your partner off at their ball and continue on to yours.
- Limit your practice swings
- Avoid Slow Play!
Please remember to cooperate with rangers and starters. They are there to help you.
Enforcement Against Slow Play
A warning is given to keep up with the group in front of you.
Golfers are asked to pick up their balls and catch up to the group in front of them.
Golfers are asked to leave the golf course, without recourse or refund.
Care For Our Course
As golfers, one of the best things we can do is take care of the course we are playing. We are asking you to do your part.
- Repair ball marks on greens. Repairing ball marks is one of the most important things you can do to help keep the golf course in top shape. If you are unsure about how to repair a ball mark, ask at the Pro Shop.
- Replace your divot or fill it from the soil & seed bottle.
- Rake your footprints out of the sand bunkers. Please leave the rakes inside the bunker when finished.
- Walk carefully on the green and be cautious around the hole.
- Keep power carts and pull carts at least 30 feet from greens and tees at all times. Use cart paths where provided.
- Do not take divots while taking practice swings on the tee or in the fairway.
- Leave the course and the greens in the condition in which you would like to find them.
Cart Path Policy
When carts must remain on cart paths, the following enforcement policy will be in effect:
A warning is given to keep all four wheels of the cart on the path.
The golfer’s cart privileges will be revoked.
- Do not play until players in front of you are out of range.
- Use “FORE” as a warning to other golfers.
- Drive your carts safely, in the most direct route from tee to green, according to course rules.
- Move off the green as soon as the last player holes out and record your scores on the next tee.
- Place litter in waste containers and pick up other litter on the course.
- Do not practice on the green.
- Do not spend too much time talking on the tees or greens.
- Never throw or bang clubs. It can be dangerous.
- Stand quietly and safely away from the player hitting or putting.
- Step over others’ putting lines and do not scuff the greens.
For the Enjoyment of All Golfers...
Fox Valley and Phillips Park Golf Courses reserve the right to eject excessively slow players or those not abiding by course rules, without recourse or refund.
City of Aurora Golf Courses
Fox Valley Golf Club
PGA Golf Operations Manager Jeff Schmidt
Golf Superintendent Todd Schmitz
Phillips Park Golf Course
PGA Golf Operations Manager Jeff Schmidt